Dr Yvette Ankrah MBE
An award-winning educator, motivator, speaker and campaigner
Yvette is passionate about ensuring women have the optimum environment, tools and skills to thrive in business. She believes that this starts from the inside – having clarity on their vision and direction and working in a way which builds sustainable and profitable businesses without overwhelm, stress and burnout. Too often looking after yourself is an after-thought or only happens once there is an impact health and well-being. Yvette wants self-care to be a priority and for self-care plans to be just as important other plans !
She is an active campaigner and speaker for the rights of women in the workplace, particularly the self-employed and female entrepreneurs.
She has over 20 years of business experience and is an accredited NLP coach. She won a Microsoft/O2 award for business in 2013, was shortlisted for Best Coach at the Best Business Women Awards, 2015 and was awarded an MBE for her work with women in business in 2017. In 2019 she was awarded a PhD in sociology.
As well as lending her voice to campaigns, Yvette is also dedicated to empowering women and girls to aim high but to manage their health and well-being in the process. Through motivational speaking engagements, coaching and workshops she provides women with the skills and support they need to raise their confidence and build their own businesses.
Whether she’s addressing an intimate group or a standing-room-only crowd, count on inspirational speaker and ‘recovering overachiever’ Yvette Ankrah to inspire audience members to give ‘space’ for personal well-being.
To book Yvette as an educator, motivator, speaker or discuss a campaign, please get in touch.
Education and experience
*Achieved a PhD in Sociology – specialising in identity, belonging, race and class
*Awarded an MBE –for services to women in business
* Certified NLP coach trained with NLP World
* Member of The Association for NLP and the British Sociological Association
* Trained coach and mentor including SME group coaching
* Over 20 years of experience of business development and marketing
* BA (Hons) Journalism and Psychology, MA Communities, Organisations and Social Change
* Experienced board member – currently a director at Big Creative Community
* School tutor for The Brilliant Club
* Co-author of the Manifesto For Women In Business
*Keynote speaker at Gotelees' Women in Business Networking lunch
*TV guest on The Linda Muyobo show
*Podcast guest on the GTex Explode your Biz expert show
*Podcast guest on the Emerging into Greatness with Sassy Sade
*Panellist at Breaking Through Your Limits - the North's BAME International Women's day conference
* Interview guest on BBC Radio Essex , Voice of America and A League of her Own
*Speaker at WIBN and Pop Connect Networking groups
*Guest lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University
* Panellist at Founderfest 2019
* Delivered presentations at UCL, IOE, Exeter and other UK universities
* Delivered presentation for Roots Pod academy